Prop it Up! 1.4.1
Prop it Up! is a mod with a number of features that allow you to access and replace props and trees that are free-standing and embedded in buildings – in real-time. These features can be divided in global and asset-based tools.
See ‘How to use Prop it Up!‘
I have tried to make this mod as flexible and robust as possible, but there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind when using this mod:
– this mod can only replace props and trees that are present in-game: dependencies that you have not subscribed to are out of reach of this mod;
– certain props have special properties, such as seating area’s (benches) or decal props. These props can only be replaced by props with those same properties, which is why sometimes you may find just a few available replacement options;
– the Extreme Mode option gives the player unrestricted access to every prop and tree installed, including decals, markers and effects. Extreme Mode is still experimental and therefore unsupported: use is strictly at your own risk!;
– I strongly recommend against replacing two or more different props or trees with the same replacement prop or tree. The reason for this can best be illustrated with an example: imagine a building contains two trees (A and B), and you replace both those trees with tree C. From that moment on, the mod no longer ‘knows’ that the building used to contain 2 separate trees, and will only detect tree C;
– I strongly recommend players apply all desired global free-standing and building replacements first and only add per-building replacements afterwards, especially when starting a new city. The reason for this is that when a city is being loaded, per-building replacements are applied first, and global replacements afterwards;
– due to the real-time application of replacements, per-building and global replacements can override each other;
– this mod only affects free-standing trees and props and trees embedded within buildings. If you want to customize roadside trees, use Boformer’s awesome Network Skins mod;
– as of version 1.6, Cities: Skylines’ Asset Editor supports prop randomization: I have not specifically tested this mod with that feature, but I don’t expect any unusual behavior;
– using this mod implies that you have taken notice of all of the above.
This mod should be compatible with all other mods, as in should not clash on a technical level.
However, you should keep in mind that any other mod that touches building or free-standing props and trees might interfere with the working of this mod.
December 4th, 2017 – v1.4.1
– Added option to remove marker props like parking markers (remove-only);
– Removing a prop or tree from an asset no longer requires selecting/highlighting that item in the top list first;
– Minor UI tweaks;
– Minor bug fixes.
November 29th, 2017 – v1.4.0
– Added option to remove embedded props and trees from buildings (read the ‘How to use Prop it Up!‘ before using this feature!);
– Various minor bug-fixes.
November 11th, 2017 – v1.3.0
– Mod panel size increased by 50%;
– The name of replacements is now shown in the original prop/tree list items;
– All trees are now available for global replacement (Free-standing and Building Tree Replacement Panels);
– Added search boxes for original lists (Free-standing and Building Tree Replacement Panels);
– Various bug-fixes and optimizations.
Full update history
– Change log
Short demo video: click here