Loading Screen Mod
Last revision: 6 Dec at 08:43 UTC
Support for the new DLCs.
Optimized loading of custom network assets (roads, tracks, walkways)
– sharing of identical meshes, materials and textures between assets
– reference tracking across the asset hierarchy (the ‘load used’ mod feature)
– threaded loading.
TODO: Improve the assets report.
- Load used assets: automatically loads the assets you have placed in your city, no matter if they are enabled or not.
- Share textures / materials / meshes: Assets from the same author often contain the same resources. By default, the game does not care and loads identical copies. These options replace such copies by references, saving RAM.
- The mod contains an optimized custom asset loader that is significantly faster than the built-in loader.
Some usage tips are provided in the guides below.
Using cities-skylines-detour by Sebastian Schöner.