Toronto Roncesvalles Streetcar Barns
Last revision: 2 Oct at 23:34 2017 UTC
Roncesvalles Carhouse is Toronto’s oldest streetcar depot, opening in 1895 by the Toronto Railway Company. The facility was rebuilt in 1923 when it was taken over by the Toronto Transportation Commission due to sever deterioration. The facility was expanded in 2014 adding a new bay capable of maintaining the small fleet of Flexity Freedom LRV’s at the time, while the Leslie Barns were under construction.
Cost to build: $40,000