MAGLEV Tracks: Shanghai
Last revision: 24 Oct at 20:17 2017 UTC
Transrapid is a German developed high-speed monorail train using magnetic levitation. Planning for the Transrapid system started in 1969 with a test facility for the system in Emsland, Germany completed in 1987. In 1991, technical readiness for application was approved by the Deutsche Bundesbahn in cooperation with renowned universities.
The current application-ready version, the Transrapid 09, is designed for a cruising speed of 500 km/h (311 mph) and allows acceleration and deceleration of approximately 1 m/s2 (2.24 mi/min2)
- High Speed Monorail Tracks
- Maximum operating speed: 500kmph (not the speed of maglevs)
- Diffuse, normal and spec maps
- Same vertice count as default monorail, optimized
- Slope tolerance and turn radius is increased
- Custom pillar with 30m max height
- Compatible with existing monorail stations
- REDUCED noice pollution, since MAGLEV do not have any mechanical parts
- You are more constrained in terms of slope and curve tolerances since train operates on high speed. This is my first (and Workshop’s second fully custom road type) so there might be minor bugs, report them here if i can fix it.
- Flickering might occur on intesections with multiple MAGLEV tracks. This is due to the fact that tracks are wider than usual.
- If you want to see MAGLEV’s operate on full speed, use Advanced Vehicle Editor and increase acceleration and brake to 5, set speed to 450.
Atys; for showcase shots. Check his YT here:
Jeren the cookie genocider; for exporting monorail files to reverse engineer
Ronyx69; for his remarks and signing offs
Kriz; for annoying the c r a p out of me
Blender; for messing with Geze’s models
Discord; all else.