Move It 2.4.0
Last revision: 17 Mar at 20:06 UTC
This mod allows you to select and move various things.
2.4.0 – Optimisation and Options
– Moving objects is now smoother
– Hold Shift while moving buildings switch to a low-detail mode, for even smoother positioning. Can be turned on all the time in Options.
– Align to Terrain Height: this new Align Tool will immediately move selected objects to the terrain height. Great for Tree Snapping!
– Disabled: Alt-Click to select pillars and pylons is now disabled by default, because apparently everyone hated this idea. It can be turned on in Options.
– New Shortcuts: Bulldoze is set to Control+B, and Toggle Underground View and Toggle Grid View can be set in Options2.3.0 – MITE integration and more
– Double click on the marquee button to select/deselect all filters
– Surface filters: filter ploppable surfaces and brushes separately from other props
– Align Tools: rotate selected objects to face the same direction as a chosen object
– Align Slope: sets the height of selected objects to a slope between 2 chosen objects
– Step over objects that overlap at the current mouse position with Ctrl+Tab
– Pylons and Pillars are hidden from selection, hold Alt to select (optional)
– Fewer ghost nodes. Click on the button in the options page to remove any existing ghost nodes
– More tweaks, more bug fixes
Use the M key to toggle the tool or click the button (draggable with right click) next to the bulldoze tool.
Hold the Shift key to select multiple objects to move at once.
The following objects can be selected with Left Click:
– Props (Get Prop Snapping to be able to move up/down)
– Surfaces (brushes and ploppable surfaces)
– Network nodes and segments (roads, quays, etc…)
This tool doesn’t provide any limitations for maximum power. Use at your own risk.
Drag with the mouse Left Click to move selected objects. Drag left and right with Right Click to rotate.
Use the Arrow Keys to move selected objects. Hold the Alt key for even finer movements and Shift key for bigger steps.
Use Page Up and Page Down to move object up and down (when possible. Get Prop Snapping to be able to move props up/down).
Use Ctrl + Left/Right to rotate (Trees don’t rotate).
Includes undo (Ctrl+Z) and redo (Ctrl+Y) feature.
Tools to quickly set the rotation or height of selected objects. You can change the rotation of buildings, props, decals and surfaces, aligning them to face the same direction as objects, including network segments (roads, rail tracks, etc).
Align Height – Click on an object to move all selected objects up or down to the same height.
Align to Terrain Height – Immediately move all selected objects up or down to the terrain height.
Align Slope – Click on 2 game items to define a slope that selected objects are moved up or down to. This aligns the height of all selected objects including roads and other networks, however it is not suitable for roads that are winding or spiral. Consider using Segment Slope Smoother for this.
Align In-Place – Click on an object to turn each object to face the same direction as it, without moving them.
Align as Group – Click on an object to turn the selected objects to face the direction, moving them around a central point. Note: works best when all selected objects are facing the same direction.
Align Random – Immediately rotates all selected objects so they face a random direction. Note: if you Redo this action, the selected objects will rotate to a new random direction.
Note: some props will align 90 or 180 degrees off. Rotate in 45 degree increments (hold Control while right-clicking and moving the mouse) to quickly and neatly correct these objects.
Toggle all marquee selection filters on and off by double-clicking on the Marquee Selection button.
Step over items at current mouse position – press Control+Tab (key is configurable) to step over the item currently highlighted by the mouse to highlight the item below.
Network Filters give you fine control over what type of networks are selected when using Marquee Selection. Note: when open, Network Filters can affect performance while selecting a large area.
Hold Alt to select nodes or segments that belong to a building (e.g. a harbour’s shipping path), or to select buildings that belong to a node (e.g. pylons and pillars).
Alt-Click on a segment to select the closer node, or if it is already selected the further node. Combines with Shift to add/remove from selection.
Hold Alt while dragging objects to toggle snapping to the grid.
Hold Alt while dragging only a single segment to snap to a straight line or, if the segment is connected to further segments, to a curve.
Hold Alt while dragging only a single node to snap node, re-curving segments as required. Snaps to a straight line or, if the segments are connected to further segments, to a curve.
Hold Alt while over a building to view attached nodes or segments, Alt-Click to select nodes or segments.
Optional, now disabled by default: Hold Alt while over a node to view or select a pillar or pylon.
If only a single node is selected and that node has 2 segments (i.e. is not a junction or dead-end), Alt-Click on the Slope Align button to immediately slope align the selected node using the 2 attached nodes as A/B positions.
Does not use the detour technique for maximum compatibility.
Does not alter game save files in any way and can be disabled/removed safely at any time.
Move It! Extra Filters is broken and all of its features are now in Move It – please unsubscribe from it.
Source code: GitHub