Pine Forest Pack
This is a pack of 11 unique pine tree assets, including a variety of ages and densities to create a diverse and dynamic forest.
I licensed the original models through CGTrader, slightly remodeled them, trimmed down the tri count, and recolored them to fit better with the CSL lighting engine.
* Reduced tris on large trees. Largest went from 1300 down to 950 or so.
* Smaller texture set for 7 of the 11 trees, which should improve frame rates.
* Improved shading on branch billboards. No more weird shadows.
* Snowfall compatible.
* Minimized sway to a more realistic level.
* Bendier branches on dead trees to reduce "pointy cone" look.
* Fixed branch stub textures so they’ll appear properly now.
Note that the workshop screenshots still reflect the older versions. I’ll update them soon.
– Trees 1, 2, 3, and 7 use a 1024 x 512 texture set.
– Trees 4, 5, and 6 use a 512 x 256 texture set.
– Trees 8, 9, 10, and 11 use a separate 512 x 256 texture set.
– The 11 trees share 3 texture sets, so you’ll get a lot of mileage from Loading Screen Mod with this pack. These textures are repeated in other Pine sets of mine.
– Tri counts range from about 950 for the thickest tree down to a few hundred for the smallest.
– Use Forest Brush Mod to get a nice distribution. I recommend turning down the probability of the dead trees to 25% or so, then hand-painting clusters of them near clearings.
– No surprise, Tree LOD Fix is strongly recommended.