Contemporary Main Street
Contemporary main street ideal for downtown/uptown/midtown revitalization projects and redeveloped docklands districts.
Works best with wall-to-wall or street-facing buildings like the awesome Modern Condo collection by Smilies featured in the screenshots.
Inspired by Hay Street and Murray Street in Perth, Australia.
- Map theme asphalt driving lanes and herringbone blue-grey brick parking spaces
- Broken white line by default, change road name to enable continuous white line (rebuild road to revert to default)
- Tiled concrete sidewalks with tree grates, benches and modern pedestrian-scale lighting
- Accessible curb ramps with tactile pavement at pedestrian crossings
- Curb extensions at junctions make for safer, shorter pedestrian crossings
- Bus bulb with shelter (thnaks to Clus – check out his awesome roads!) extends the curb to prioritize public transit over cars
- Find in small roads category
- Ground level only – use other roads for bridges and tunnels
- 16 m (2 tiles) wide, two-way, 2 driving lanes, speed limit 40 km/h
- Compatible with Network Skins – but changing tree spacing will not change tree grate spacing
I make roads because I enjoy the work, and I don’t expect anything in return, but if you like my work and want to support me, please consider making a small donation at PayPal
Contemporary Main Street by Urbanist