RAILWAY 2 – Ourense Viaduct
Railway 2 is a brand new network package which is packed with numerous new features, while maintaining the existing features of original Railway 1 project. It also brings new types of networks such as quads and mainlines. Check Railway 2 Guide in the collection, linked above.
About Ourense Viaduct
The first project dates from 1933, but was not completed until 1958. It was designed by the engineer José Luis Tovar Bisbal, who also took care of the construction of the Ourense-Empalme train station. The viaduct has a length of 415 meters and has three immense parabolic arches 46 meters high that transmit a certain lightness. Although the first designs were of a metal bridge, the final work was built entirely in concrete, being one of the first constructions of this size that used this material.
Ourense Viaduct has been recently repainted and infrastructure improvements were made.
– 2 Lane, ALL BIDIRECTIONAL, stone arch bridge from Ourense, Spain.
– Wiring height can be adjusted in-game with Adaptive Networks.
– Catenary styles can also be customized with Railway Replacer or Network Skins.
– Catenary types (portal, single-arm) can be changed with Adaptive Networks.
– All networks are bi-directional; you can customize lane use and direction with TMPE.
– Junctions are procedural as a part of R2 Dynamic standards, customize them with TMPE.
– Elevated segment can be used as standalone viaduct. It also contains a transition piece from elevated to bridge segment, that can be enabled via AN.
Textures and materials are re-cycled from R2 USA release.
Keywords: RAILWAY 2, Galiza, Spain, Europe, United States, UIC 60, Concrete, Ourense, Viaduct, Bridge, Adaptive Networks