Transfer Manager CE v1.3.8
- Modifies the vanilla Transfer Manager to prefer closer transfers. ie Garbage trucks will go to nearby buildings first to collect garbage rather than travelling all the way across the city to get the garbage at some distant building.
- Enhanced warehouse options: Warehouse First, Reserve trucks for local goods and Improved locality.
- Option to prefer ship/plane/train instead of roads for the import/export of goods.
- Also enhances service vehicles to look for close by issues to resolve, so for example if a garbage truck is out at a building collecting garbage and another building next door also has garbage it will pick that up as well. (Service vehicle AI supported: FireTruckAI, FireCopterAI, GarbageTruckAI, PoliceCarAI and PoliceCopterAI)
- Call Again: I’m sick and no ambulances are coming, why don’t you call them again dear.
CallAgain will detect when a building has sick or dead people inside and no vehicles are responding and will add a new high priority transfer offer to hopefully get a response. The threshold when call again activates and the frequency of requests can be controlled in the settings.
- Transfer Issue Panel: New panel (CTRL+3, configurable) will display currently detected issues and allow you to click on the source or target to determine where the issue is. Includes support for pathing, healthcare and death care currently.
The original idea for this mod was by pcfantasy and his More Effective Transfer Manager
Unfortunately he stopped working on it so another developer Cambrium started a new version, More Effective Transfer Manager (continued). Sadly after doing lots of great things with the mod he decided to introduce some malicious code into the mod and was booted off the workshop along with his mod. Discussion
This left lots of subscribers in the lurch as they could no longer use what had become quite a nice mod. I was asked if I would be willing to reboot this mod so that people could continue to play the game with its features. This is the result.
With some help we managed to find a github repository with Cambrians code, luckily both he and pcfantasy have licensed their code under the MIT license which means we can continue to develop their mods.
To ensure there are no nasty surprises I have made a completely new mod and moved the source files across one at a time after very carefully checking them for malicious code. I am confident there isn’t any in this mod. The source code can be found on Github
I have also rewritten the harmony code to ensure it links to boformers library only as that is the only one I trust and I have changed the settings code to use xml instead of a binary file. Feel free to post bugs and enhancement requests and I will look into them.
I have rebranded the mod to try and remove confusion and uncertainty and hopefully restore faith in the Cities Skylines workshop community.
We have set up a translation project on CrowdIn
If you appreciate my efforts then a small donation would be welcome Paypal
Version 1.4.1 is now available to test over on the Test page
- Bug fix: Localization support fixed
– Also added an updated Chinese file (using google translate for what it is worth)
- Enhancement: New building panel showing Status and Transfer information, open it using the Transfer button on each building panel.
- Enhancement: Redesigned Issues panel making it easier to track issues
- Enhancement: New statistics panel, (CTRL+5, configurable)
- Bug Fix: Police cars weren’t picking up criminals.
- Enhancement: Call Again now checks Transfer Manager before adding request so there aren’t any double call outs.
- Bug fix: Call again was missing some sick and dead people when checking for call outs.
- Enhancement: Call again performance improvements
See version history for earlier changes.